Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd Healthcare Academy Terms and Conditions.
Report All Adverse Events & Complaints.
Please report Adverse Events or Complaints within 24 hours to:
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: +27 11 518 7100
- After Hours No: +27 84 556 6138
- Toll-free No: 0860 410 032
- SMS JNJ & your comment to: +27 84 556 6138
- Local Safety Officer, Tanya Roets: [email protected]
This program is only open to the following individuals namely,
- General Practitioners
- Dental Professionals
- Pharmacists Assistants
- Front Shop Assistants
- Oral Hygienists
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Maxillo-Facial Surgeons
- Infant Massage Therapist
- Health Promoters
Throughout the year there will be online courses and tests that the members can participate in. The program materials can be found on www.healthcareacademy.co.za. Once the members have completed their courses and relevant test(s) they will receive their results immediately. In order to pass the course tests, members are required to complete the tests and answer questionnaires and earn a minimum test result of 80 %.
The program also includes Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities, enabling registered healthcare professionals to earn CPD points. In order to earn CPD points, members are required to complete the CPD activities posted throughout the year, answer multiple-choice questionnaires, and earn a minimum test result of 70 %. More on this can be found under “CPD Rules and Regulations” below.
How we collect sign-ups for the J&J Healthcare Academy (via direct email, direct mail, SMS, telecommunications, and online)
- Voluntarily provided by you, via Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd (“Johnson & Johnson”) representatives.
- Voluntarily provided by you, via subscription to the program from SMS and/or email and/or telecommunications.
- Voluntarily provided by you, via the Johnson & Johnson email [email protected]
- This program is only available to a select group of healthcare professionals that have been invited to or asked to join the program.
Types of information we collect
- Personal Details: Name and surname, date of birth, location (province, city of residence)
- Contact Details: Cell number (more than one if applicable), email address, work contact information
- Professional information: Highest qualification, job description, professional number, number of years on the J&J Healthcare Academy program.
- Information related to the courses completed and associated test results on the Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy.
How we store your information
We store the personal information of all our members on our Content Management System server, connected to the Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy website. We use reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information, including the use of safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, enforcing physical access controls to our buildings, files and authorising access to personal information only for those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities or who require it to support you and your use of Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy.
Who we share your information with
What we do with the personal information
We may use any personal information provided by you for such purposes indicated to you in writing at the time you registered for the program, including for the purpose of direct marketing of Johnson & Johnson products and services.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email with content related to OTC healthcare and Johnson & Johnson products.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email to inform you of the availability of material and updates on the program progress.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email to inform you of course progress and test results throughout the year.
- We will contact you via SMS and email to ensure you have provided your correct contact information, and if it has changed, to ask that you update it via the Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy website or email the changes to [email protected] so we can update them for you.
How you can access or change your personal information
If you would like to review or change the details that you supplied to us, you can at any time, either view and amend some of your details by going to your profile on the Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy website or contact us on [email protected].
You can request that your information be removed from the Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy records by sending an email to [email protected].
Although you can opt-out of receiving communications at any point of the program, we advise that you keep one of the services as they will assist you with timings and reminders of important dates throughout the year. You can opt-out on a specific type of communication by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each mail, or by replying with the word “STOP” to opt-out of receiving any further SMS notifications. If you no longer wish to participate in the program in its entirety, you can email [email protected] at any time and request to be removed from the program.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 5 days for changes to be applied. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at [email protected].
CPD Rules and Regulations
The programme gives members a chance(s) to earn CPD points. Units can be earned by completing the activity before the end date listed on www.healthcareacademy.co.za.You must answer a minimum of 70 % correctly to earn units. Results will be available immediately after completing the activity. Members may only complete each activity a maximum of 2 times.
What will the Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy course cover?
The Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd Healthcare Academy is here to support your learning journey. This year you can expect to:
- Education and refreshers on common Self Care disease areas
- Easy-to-understand information on Johnson & Johnson products
- Build your confidence in patient assessments and guidance
Competition & Prize Draw Rules and Regulations
Prize draws and/or competitions may be run throughout the program.
In all competitions the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed, or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- Winners are selected at random.
- Winners will be drawn within 10 working days of each promotion’s closing date.
- If you use a mobile phone or email address for entry into the competition your details must correspond with those you registered with, or your entry will not be counted.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition or prize draw. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition or prize draw will not be eligible for participation, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to the draw and/or competition that may result in the unsuccessful submission of an entry.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize, or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Winners will be notified by means of the contact details they provided to us. Should we, or a third-party supplier, be unable to contact a winner within 30 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and J&J Healthcare Academy reserves the right to re-draw a new winner, under the same conditions.
- We and our third-party agents, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests, and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates, and third party agents.
- We and our affiliates assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from your participation in the draw and/or competition and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
- You indemnify and hold harmless Johnson & Johnson and its affiliates to the fullest extent allowed in law, against any claims arising howsoever from your participation in the draw and/or competition and/or use of the prize.
- The terms and conditions will be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
J&J Healthcare Academy website
The Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy has introduced an online platform – www.healthcareacademy.co.za to engage with professionals and supply them with the essential product and program information and activities. This is accessible to all members who have received an invite to the program via email, SMS, telecommunications, or direct mail and signed up to the program.
- The site will hold product and related practice information as well as CPD activities.
- Members will be able to submit test and competition answers via the site.
- All information packs will be available for download. All downloaded material is for the use of the member only and not to be distributed into the public domain.
- In certain, limited instances, members may be able to request product samples via the site.
- Members will be able to change or update contact information via the site.